- Attorney Profile
Michael B. Germain
Orlando Insurance Law Attorney
Michael B. Germain has more than a decade of experience fighting insurance companies. As the founder and managing partner of the Germain Law Group in Orlando, Michael helps policyholders following accidents and natural disasters.
Michael handles various types of insurance matters, including claims relating to property insurance, liability insurance, and life insurance. He understands the rights of policyholders and fights to get clients the compensation they are entitled to.
After being named a Rising Star in the field of insurance coverage litigation by the Florida Super Lawyers rating service in 2011 and 2012, Michael has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in that field in 2013, 2014, and 2015. He earned his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in 2003 after earning his Bachelor of Science from Washington and Lee University in 1998.
Michael remains active in the legal community and also shares his experience dealing with the industry through writings for several publications as at speaking engagements. He currently sits on the Young Lawyers Board of Directors for the Florida Justice Association in addition to being a member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association.
Michaels helps clients in Orlando and surrounding areas in Orange County, Osceola County, Brevard County, Seminole County, Lake County, Volusia County, Indian River County, St. Lucie County, and Okeechobee County.
- Managing Partner, Germain Law Group
- Associate, Phelps Dunbar, LLP
- Federal Judicial Internship, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Juris Doctor, Stetson University College of Law; St. Petersburg, FL (2003)
- Bachelor of Science, Washington & Lee University; Lexington, VA (1998)
- State Bar of Florida, 2003
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Young Lawyers Board of Directors, Florida Justice Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Super Lawyers Super Lawyer, 2013-2015
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2011-2012
Articles and Presentations
- "Avoiding the Nightmare of Rescission," Florida Justice Association, Journal, October/November 2013
- "No Second Bite to Present Missing Proof of Damages," Florida Justice Association, Journal, November/December 2011
- "Windstorm Insurance Coverage 101," WIND Conference
- "Dueling Bad Faith Perspectives - The Lone Star State v. The Sunshine State," WIND Conference